Sunday, February 23, 2014

Questions for a Dean

Life is full of questions, and apparently I have answers.

I hear it every day:

"Can I have the key to use the kitchen?"

"Where is Dean Fitting?"

"Who's on duty tomorrow morning?"

"Can I have some ibuprofen?"

"Can I play the wii?"

"Will you take us to fro-yo?"

"Will you take us to Wal-Mart?"

"I locked myself out of my room... can you let me in?"

"We have room check today, don't we?"

"Can I please not have room check tomorrow?"

"Who's doing room check tomorrow?" (SIGH with exasperation if it's anyone other than Dean Suppe!)

"Can I get out of DF&I, pleeease? I don't have anything to study! I did all my homework!"

"May I please borrow some <insert art supplies here> from you?"  :)

"Can you convert my dollar to quarters, please?"

"What are we doing for worship tonight?"

"Is vespers casual or church-dress?"


What did you just say? (Not so common)

"What size shoe are you?"

"Can we go outside and blow bubbles to see if they will freeze, since it's only 19 degrees??" - Early December, approaching 10pm

"What do you do when you have to make tough decisions?"

"How would you draw the Holy Spirit?" -Bible project for sophomores

"Can you help me with this math problem?" (probably not!)

"Can I go get something out of my car?" -Senior, 9pm

"If I make 3 baskets in a row, can I date you?" -Freshman

"Do you know how to sew? Can you please help me fix this button?"

"Can you come smell my room and see if it smells ok?" ?!

"How do you calculate your SAT score?"

"Is this dress too short?"

"Do you like being a dean?"

"Are you going to be a dean next year, too?"

"What ARE you going to do next year?"


...Next year, I will not miss answering most of these questions! :)  ~Dean Berger

No comments:

Post a Comment