Sunday, December 22, 2013

Like A Boss.

There are certain times when I feel LIKE A BOSS dean. (That means I feel extra cool, extra capable, extra on-top-of-things, Mom. J) It doesn't always happen, of course. As we head into the New Year and the second HALF (already!) of the school year, may it only improve and improve.

I'm home now, to further muse about these... and perhaps the list will grow, but here are a few situations that consistently boost my confidence in my abilities as Dean Berger, not necessarily in order:
  1. When I have the right key that they need!! Be it for their room, the kitchen, cafeteria, Ad. Building, breaker boxes... you name it, they ask for it.
  2. When all the kids who require medications come downstairs and receive them from me on time.
  3. When I can accomplish a miscellaneous favor. Like fixing a kid's glasses: I searched the storage room, found a toolbox, and it even contained a minuscule screwdriver. All before 7:30am.
  4. When I can answer a question without texting/calling Head Dean Fitting.
  5. When I give a successful dorm worship. Never an easy-peasy feat. Unless we do a craft.
  6. When I hear girls say, "You and Dean Suppe are our favorite deans ever!"
  7. When I beat the kids back from chapel in time to unlock the dorm doors.
  8. When I'm the one to make copies of and cut all the check sheets for the new week, even putting them on the clipboards and three-hole punching them ahead of time. You're welcome.
  9. When I have a moment of extra compassion.
  10. More often, when I have a moment of tough love.
  11. When I actually transfer a phone call successfully!
  12. When I use the intercom.
  13. When I get to punch in the secret key code to get into the Old Boys Dorm for laundry.
  14. When I set the alarm box and it doesn't beep one-too-many times and freak out, waking up all the other deans.
  15. When my ancient little mailbox in the Ad. Building actually opens with the right twist combination and the wind blowing just right and if I squint a certain way...
  16. When I wave to the kids on their way out in the morning for first period, and they mumble back a "Good morning" or "Have a good day, too."
  17. When I finish room check in under 20 minutes.
  18. When I shut down the dorm at night after a long day and I'm the last one to my room.

No comments:

Post a Comment